Image referral link is one of the most common way for you to promote your products, service, announcements or activities, etc. When the audience watch the video with the image campaign embedded, they would be redirected to the designated address if they click the image.
Since this feature marks down the behaviors from the audience and then sends to the analytics system, you can evaluate how well the image campaign works with various factors and indicators, and decide what to do or improve next.
Now let’s have a look at the process of how to set up the image referral link in POLYV’s Video Cloud service.
1. After signing in POLYV, select “Video Cloud”, then click “Videos” in the navigation bar.
2. Select the video that you want to apply QR code sharing, then click “Referral Link” on the right panel.
Now you can tweak the following parameters for your image campaign –
- Link — The target URL to be redirected when clicking the image.
- Type — You can use image (Picture) and text (Words) as the container for the referral link. Here we choose the “Picture” option.
- Content — The image for the referral link in the video. You can enter an existing image for this, or click the “Upload Picture” button on the right to upload your designated image.
- Opacity — The opacity of the image campaign, 0 for totally transparent, 100 for totally visible.
- Position — The position of where the image campaign located. Currently you can anchor the image to one of the four corners of the player, and we will add the center of each.
3. Click “Save” when you complete the settings.
Here how the image referral link look like in the player. The audience can click the image to enter the designated link (your product, service, promotion, etc.) during the playback or the pause of a video.
However, as we have said in earlier articles, image referral links or popup campaigns in a video will affect the audience’s playback experience because they will kind of distract your audience from engaging the video content, especially when the content of image or popup campaign has no or little relation to the video. Therefore, we recommend you thinking about this before you put up the image referral links, and use high-quality, content-related images for this feature.
So here we come to the end of the introduction for this marketing gadget. If you want to learn more about what you can do with our Video Cloud service, just feel free to check out our blog or visit our official site – www.polyv.net – for more information.