We have lots of users who choose Video Cloud as their first video service. Besides, we have some users who previously using free or other paid video hosting service, and need to migrate the old videos to Video Cloud. Some of them may have up to thousands of videos and take up to hundreds of gigabytes.
It sounds like a mission impossible to migrate these videos one by one, if using the old methods. But don’t worry! POLYV provides a much simpler way to migrate your videos to Video Cloud, with just a few steps.
1. Generate a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file for migration. The CSV file contains multiple lines of your file, and each line consists of two elements – the origin URL and the title of the video, separated by comma.
You can either use text editing applications (like Notepad, Editplus, UltraEdit, Atom, etc.) or spreadsheets processing applications (like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, Google Sheets, etc.) to do the job.
Note that the CSV file should be saved using UTF-8 encoding, especially when it contains CJK characters. If not, the file will not be recognized and processed.
2. Sign in your POLYV account, then select “Videos” to enter the admin page of Video Cloud.
3. Click “Video sync” on the left panel, then click the blue “Import task” button.
4. In the popup window, choose the destination category in the dropdown list, then click the blue “Upload CSV file” button to submit the CSV file prepared in Step 1. After that, click the “Save” button.
5. Now Video Cloud will automatically process the file. All you need is to do the waiting game…
And when it is finished, click the “Export to CSV” button to save the result.
If you open the CSV file, you can see each line contains the URL, the title and the VID (Video ID) of the video, with the datetime of completing the process following.
So that’s a wrap for how to batch migrating your video to Video Cloud. Now with this feature, you don’t need to worry about migrating your existed videos to our system, because we will take good care of them and keep them unharmed.
If you to know more about the features of Video Cloud and Streaming Cloud, check out our blog or visit our official website http://www.polyv.net/ for more information. Happy video hosting!